Artist’s rendering of WGS-11+

Snow Call FAQs

Space Base Delta 1 Snow Call

Reporting Updates

Snow Call Line
719-556-7669 (SNOW)

X (Formerly Twitter) 


Frequently Asked Questions

If your question relates specifically to Higher Headquarters, please review the FAQs below.





Collapse All Expand All
 Noise Complaints
Who do I call to file a noise complaint?
To file an official noise complaint, please call the Public Affairs office at 556-5185.

 Media Contacts

What are some other Media contacts that relate to Space Base Delta 1 Public Affairs?

North American Aerospace Defense (NORAD) Public Affairs, Peterson Space Force Base
Media Relations: (719) 554-6889
Fax: (719) 554-3165
Newspaper: None
Web address: 

Space Operations Command Public Affairs, Peterson Space Force Base
Media Relations: (719) 554-3842
Fax: (719) 554-6013
Web address:

302nd Airlift Wing, Peterson Space Force Base
Media Relations: (719) 556-4117
Fax: (719) 556-4214
Command Information: (719) 556-4117 
Web address:

Army Space and Missile Defense Command
(719) 552-0576
Web address:


50th Space Wing Public Affairs, Schriever Air Force Base
Media Relations: (719) 567-2145
Fax: (719) 567-5306
Newspaper: Satellite Flyer
Editor: (719) 567-5041
Web address:
E-mail contact:

United States Air Force Academy Public Affairs, Colorado Springs, CO
Media Relations: (719) 333-7731
Fax: (719) 333-4094
Newspaper: Academy Spirit
Editor: (719) 333-7567
Web address:

Fort Carson Army Post Public Affairs, Fort Carson
Media Relations: (719) 526-4143
Fax: (719) 526-1021
Newspaper: Mountaineer
Editor: (719) 526-4144
Web address:

Buckley Space Force Base Space Base Delta 2 Public Affairs, Aurora, CO
Media Relations: (720) 847-9431
Newspaper: None
510 S. Aspen St. (Stop 88)
Buckley SFB, CO 80011
Web Address:


I'd like to visit my parents with the kids while my spouse is away but don't have a lot of money for tickets. Do you know of a cheaper route?
Why not try Space-A travel? Effective Dec. 6, 2007, spouses and dependent children of military members deployed for 120 or more consecutive days are authorized to travel Space-A unaccompanied in Category IV. Click here for more information.

Where can I purchase discounted tickets for leisure and travel?
Visit Bldg. 640 ITT Offices, or call 556-1760 or 556-1733

The ticket office sells tickets to various sporting events, performances, and amusement parks. Tickets are available for local, regional and national venues. Many of the tickets are reduced in price in the form of a military discount so always check with us first before making a purchase anywhere else.

Information, Tickets & Tours (ITT)
(719) 556-1760 or (719) 556-1733
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Saturdays, Sundays and holidays - Closed

Leisure Travel
The Peterson AFB Leisure Travel Office is southern Colorado's only leisure travel office devoted specifically to discounted travel for the military.

Cruises to the Caribbean, the Bahamas, Alaska and more.

Packaged Trips to Las Vegas, Disneyland, Mexico, Hawaii, the Caribbean, Europe and more.

Discounted Airfare to international destinations, Europe, Asia and more. Special discounts are based on season and availability.

Peterson AFB - Official Travel
For travel on official orders please call Rodgers Travel at 556-4199

Colorado Travel
For vacations and resort lodging in Colorado, please call Colorado R&R at 719-333-7367. Please mention that you were referred by Peterson I.T.T.

Renate Powell (719) 556-2116,
Teresa Shonka (719) 556-6447,
Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m.-4 p.m.


 Spouse/Parenting Resources

How can I apply for financial aid in my spouse's absence?
Contact the A&FRC at (719) 556-6141 to receive assistance from the Air Force Aid Society in the form of a loan or grant. You must have POA in order to apply for financial aid.

I didn't get to attend the Readiness Briefing with my spouse and feel like I missed out on a lot of information. Where can I get that from?
The A&FRC holds Readiness Briefings every Monday at 1 p.m. and spouses are more than welcome to attend even after their spouse has left. If you can't make the briefing on Mondays, contact the A&FRC for a one-on-one briefing. Spouses are also encouraged to attend the Welcome Home Briefing with their spouses. There is a children's area available if you need to bring your children with you.

I live in base housing and my spouse just deployed, does Tierra Vista offer any services?
Whether you need some assistance mowing your lawn, getting a flat tire fixed, or have a heavy piece of furniture you need moved, Tierra Vista is here to help. Please stop by our Housing Office located on Peterson AFB or call us at (719) 597-7200 to find out more about our Deployment Assistance Services. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do to be of service to your family during this time.

I need a break from my children - please help me!
The Main Child Development Center (CDC) on Peterson AFB has Give Parent's A Break sponsored by the AFAS. There is also All Parents Deserve a Break sponsored by NORAD/NORTHCOM for all Army, Navy, Marine, Coast Guard and Canadian Forces. This is FREE childcare that is offered one Friday night per month. You can get a referral certificate from your First Sergeant, Commander, Chaplain or the A&FRC. Please call the Main CDC for more information & dates at (719) 554-9572. There is also Parent's Night Out which costs $20 per child. There is also Returning Home Care so when your spouse returns you can take advantage of 16 hours of FREE childcare in a licensed Family Childcare home. Members must use this service within 30 days of return. Call (719) 556-4322 for more information.

I would like to get my children involved in some after school activities to keep them busy during my spouse's deployment. Where can I find some information?
Visit the Force Support Squadron link at and go to the Youth Center page to get the schedule for all upcoming youth sports and activities.

Is there any way to stay in touch with my loved one without calling cards?
Contact the A&FRC to make sure that you are signed up for "Hearts Apart" morale calls. You can make one 15 minute phone call per week from your home to your spouse's deployment location by simply calling the base operator at (719) 556-7321.

My child is struggling with math at school, and we can't afford to hire a tutor. Do you know where I can get assistance?
The A&FRC sponsors a program called "Tutor Time," this program is available for any child who has a parent that is deployed, on a short tour, or on an extended TDY. Tutoring sessions are held every Tuesday evening by appointment only. Please contact Tech. Sgt. Stacy Oliver at (719) 556-6141 or email her at for more information.

My spouse just left for a deployment and their tire went flat on his car. Where do I go for help?
Contact the Peterson Airman & Family Readiness Center at (719) 556-6141 and they will get you in contact with one of the volunteers from Helping Hands. The volunteer will contact you and set up a good time and come take care of it for you. Helping Hands Volunteer program will help with mowing the lawn, shoveling snow and fixing things around the house as well as many more things.

Where can I meet other spouses that are going through the same struggles I am?
Peterson and Schriever AFB host a monthly Deployed Families Dinner on the 1st Friday of each month. There is free food, door prizes and events for the children. Please contact your First Sergeant or the A&FRC for more information.

Who can I talk to about the stress that I am encountering with my spouses deployment?
Contact the Military & Family Life Consultant at (719) 640-9961. Consultations are free and anonymous. You can also contact the A&FRC at (719) 556-6141 to receive assistance.